One of our 10 core values at Evolve is Learn Every Day and we are looking for a Director of Training & Development to elevate our efforts in support of that value. As our Director of Training & Development, you’ll lead the efforts to create a sustainable strategy that will equip both new hires and existing team members with the skills needed to make an impact and continue to grow. We’re counting on you to assess and prioritize our needs across the organization then create and help deliver engaging learning opportunities. In this role, you’ll also have the opportunity to build a training brand to ensure consistency in communication and delivery. In addition, you’ll lead our awesome training team and coach them to make an impact and continue to develop their skills.
What you will do
- Create and implement a strategic plan for learning at Evolve that incorporates new hire, process, soft skills and leadership training
- Lead, coach and retain a group of talented trainers
- Design, develop, and deliver impactful training programs leveraging modern adult learning techniques
- Create a training brand by ensuring consistent quality of overall training experience and related materials
- Utilize varied learning theories and training approaches to maximize engagement and adoption
- Anticipate the organization’s needs and make recommendations for learning opportunities
- Gather and analyze feedback in order to continuously improve the impact of training and development programs
- Design and implement a manager development program
- Conduct a regular needs assessment with leaders to ensure programs are building the skills for both current and future needs of the business
- Assess and leverage learning technologies in order to help make training and development more efficient as we scale
- Assist in other organizational development/talent development initiatives as needed
What makes you a great fit
- At least 8+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in Training & Development and/or company-wide training programs
- Previous experience designing and delivering programs for sales and/or customer-facing teams
- Experience leading and developing other trainers
- Believe in and embody our 10 Core Values
- Knowledge of instructional design models and adult learning principles with the ability to apply course design techniques and facilitation for various audiences
- Experience incorporating profiles such as StrengthsFinder, Insights, DISC, etc.
- Knowledge of course development software and experience with a Learning Management System Track
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a sense of urgency and humor
A Little About Us
Evolve Vacation Rental is a high growth, Denver-based startup that is redefining vacation rental management and we’re looking for a smart, passionate, and entrepreneurial individual to join us.
Our team is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for everyone. We provide homeowners with the easiest and most effective way to generate rental income, while offering travelers the world's best booking experience.
We're conveniently located in Downtown Denver offering easy access to the Cherry Creek Bike Path, RTD Light Rail, as well as all the great restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops the city has to offer! Oh, and we also like to have a lot of fun.
- Benefits - You’ll receive competitive pay, and health insurance packages that include 100% employer paid HDHP, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage. Supplemental benefits are also available in addition to 401(k) match, commuter benefits, and equity in the company.
- Lifestyle - We embrace work-life balance so we offer PTO and paid sick days. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Evolve offers free access to an onsite fitness center and bicycle storage.
- A Voice - Our innovation framework encourages you to pitch ideas and make real changes at Evolve. Employees are the driving force behind internal process improvements.
- Career Growth - We are committed to creating growth opportunities for every employee at Evolve. Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to developing top talent who have a true earn-it mentality!
- Community - It’s easy to make friends at Evolve, and we work hard to keep our community strong. There are two monthly all-company sessions as well as company-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Transparency - Every month, our co-founders tell us how the company is performing, explain where we’re headed next, and recognize team members for jobs well done.
- Hands-on Education - We learn every day, and we expect you to, too. We can’t wait to hear your ideas for how to improve Evolve, and we’ll gladly help you access the resources and develop the skills and you need to reach your career goals.
Evolve Vacation Rental is an equal opportunity employer.