The guest operations organization is a highly effective group focused on providing legendary customer service for all of our stakeholders - - teammates, guests, homeowners, and partners. The perfect candidate is an experienced leader and has a natural ability to lead, coach, and motivate a team that has varying levels of expertise in providing world-class customer service. You are a learner and a hospitality professional with a deep thirst for knowledge and passion for not only developing yourself but also, and more importantly, supporting the development of others.
You will be challenged to elevate the team’s productivity and skills with the goal of creating customers for life and inspiring the team through your approach to leadership. Optimizing processes to facilitate innovation, generate efficiency, scale, and consistency (and talent development) is critical to being successful in this role. Guidance from senior leadership will be provided but you have the autonomy to lead the team in the best way possible to reach and exceed aggressive goals.
As a senior manager within the guest operations organization, your responsibilities will include leading a team of managers with a large group of individual contributors in the following areas of the organization: pre-arrival guest experience, reservation management, cancellations + relocations, emergency task force, and assistance with overnight customer support. Your focus will be to guide the managers through organization decisions, as well as develop them into highly productive, people-focused, and results-oriented individuals. With your leadership, the guest operations organization will continue to meet or exceed both team and individual goals in a highly productive and engaged environment.
- Coach, mentor, and provide individual support to a team of managers and contributors while holding them accountable (this includes call reviews, developing and coaching negotiation and customer service skills, assisting teammates in hitting/exceeding team goals, etc.)
- Keep the team aligned on company goals and department objectives (provide clear direction, while remaining ready and available to jump in to offer guidance, expertise, and help when needed)
- Create consistency and efficiency by developing and implementing playbooks focused on how to systemize amazing customer service into something predictable
- Track and report on key metrics (eg: employee NPS/engagement, Guest NPS, CSAT, MRT, First Response Time, ACP, etc.) recognizing when and where to initiate action
- Guide the recruitment process with a hands-on approach to the talent selection and development processes including interviewing, hiring, training, retaining, and succession planning
- Collaborate with all departments throughout the company to develop new strategies and initiate best practices (while building and sustaining positive relationships along the way)
- Recognize when the team needs help; don’t hang around and wait to be called upon (that means plenty of informal check-ins, both on the work they are doing and on their general job satisfaction and mental well-being)
- Lead weekly team meetings on relevant topics (training needs, industry news/trends, company updates, etc.)
- Accountable to drive strong performance and contribution
- Administer responsibilities related to direct reports (includes schedules/timesheets, PTO requests, performance, compensation, etc.)
- You have a hospitality mindset with a passion for customer service and inherent motivation to help others
- Passionate about developing highly-engaged teams and helping the entire company inspire people to deliver exceptional results
- 5+ years of leadership experience in hospitality operations with responsibility for managing people (recruiting, training, professional development) with an organization known for its excellent customer experience; direct accountability of managers is a requirement
- Have a successful track record in establishing focus and providing motivational support; utilizing team and individual performance analysis for improvement and efficiency implementations
- Self-starter with the ability to identify and execute against top priorities
- Understand the fundamentals of getting individuals to work together for the common good achieving the best possible results
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are among your top competencies and you have an uncanny ability to ensure all are on the same page with clear understanding
- Proven ability to manage your time effectively and your attention to details and proactive nature are some of your defining characteristics.
- Welcome with open arms the opportunity to be in the trenches with the team when needed most
- Expert-level active listening skills to understand others’ perspective, and ask appropriate discovery questions to identify the root cause of the issue
- Four-year undergraduate degree
- Hospitality/Travel industry experience
- Salesforce experience, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and Periscope
- We support all of our stakeholders seven days a week. This position requires flexibility; including evenings, weekends, and holidays (please do not apply if this is not appealing to you).
A Little About Us
Evolve makes vacation rental easy for everyone. Our fresh approach to vacation rental management offers homeowners a better way to generate rental income and provides travelers with the industry’s best booking experience.
Thanks to a strong work ethic and an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 10,000 properties in over 500 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Values mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page. They drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company. Which value sounds the most like you?
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.