As a Manager for the Overnight Customer Experience Team, you will serve as a manager and leader of the Team. This role is pivotal in Evolve’s 24/7 customer support as an expert on all processes and procedures for the day-to-day of the Team, as well as a coach and mentor for the Team. As the go-to for all support, questions, and escalated cases from the Team, this role provides a unique opportunity to lead a Team with autonomy, and an opportunity to challenge your own skills to develop yourself into a stronger leader. You will lead the Team through the nightly operations, keep the team aligned on objectives, lead Team meetings, perform a night audit to determine case priorities for the upcoming day, and complete administrative duties related to your Team. The perfect candidate reflects Evolve’s core values, leads by example, and serves their Team with professionalism. This role requires strong leadership skills, communication skills, an empathetic nature, and a high degree of self-awareness. Guidance from Senior Leadership will be provided, but you will be provided with the autonomy to make real-time decisions to serve your Team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, engage, and provide individual support to a team of up to 10-12 direct reports while holding them accountable (this includes call reviews, developing and coaching negotiation and hospitality skills, assisting teammates in hitting/exceeding team goals, etc.)
- Lead by example, exemplifying Evolve’s core values, utilizing a hospitality mindset and emotional intelligence
- Keep the team aligned on company goals and department objectives (provide clear direction, while remaining ready and available to jump in to offer guidance, expertise, and help when needed)
- Collaborate with all departments throughout the company to develop new strategies and initiate best practices (while building and sustaining positive relationships along the way)
- Create consistency and efficiency by developing and implementing playbooks focused on how to systemize remarkable hospitality into something predictable
- Recognize when the team needs help; don’t hang around and wait to be called upon (that means plenty of informal check-ins on things like the work they are doing, their general job satisfaction, and their mental well-being)
- Proactively monitor queues, cases, and emails to identify issues and prioritize in the most expedient fashion, and delegate appropriately
- Step-in to answer calls and take on cases when business demands it with a “roll-up your sleeves” mentality
- Collaborate with incoming and outgoing Team Members to determine case priorities
- Primary point of contact, after Team Lead, for escalated calls and cases from specialists
- Work to create efficiencies, including special projects
- Lead team meetings on relevant topics (training needs, industry news/trends, company updates, etc.)
- Analyze data to inform decision making and identify potential opportunities
- Administer responsibilities related to direct reports (includes schedules/timesheets, PTO requests, performance, etc.)
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative and fluid environment with rapidly changing priorities
- You have a hospitality mindset with a passion for the Team and Customer experience, and an inherent motivation to help others; you’ll always go the extra mile to make sure the job gets done right
- Ability to propose, quantify and communicate projects, process updates, or initiatives to help the team work more efficiently
- Ability to lead by example as an expert in the role who empowers others to perform to their top potential
- Train, coach, and develop specialists through 1x1 guidance and group training sessions
- Experience in conflict resolution with the ability to manage several tasks at once without pause, as well as identify and balance top priorities
- Self-awareness: you understand your strengths, limitations, and emotions (and how they impact others) with an ability to manage them in stressful situations
- Self-leadership: resilient, emotionally balanced, and self-motivated to thrive in an autonomous environment
- Relationship building: you are a compelling communicator who can put others at ease, build trust, and develop connections with all stakeholders; previous experience interacting with customers over the phone a plus
- Empathy: you understand other perspectives, listen effectively to recognize and exceed the needs of every stakeholder
- Active-listening: you can make others feel heard by patiently listening to them to understand, not to reply
- A quick study in any software environment (Salesforce.com experience a plus!)
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role preferred, but not required
- Hospitality industry experience preferred, but not required
- Four-year undergraduate degree or relevant work experience preferred, but not required
- This position is for four-10 hour shifts per week (providing you with three days off per week); an example schedule could be Thursday-Sunday 9pm to 7am
A Little About Us
Evolve Vacation Rental is a high growth, Denver-based startup that is redefining vacation rental management and we’re looking for a smart, passionate, and entrepreneurial individual to join us.
Our team is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for everyone. We provide homeowners with the easiest and most effective way to generate rental income, while offering travelers the world's best booking experience.
We're conveniently located in Downtown Denver offering easy access to the Cherry Creek Bike Path, RTD Light Rail, as well as all the great restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops the city has to offer! Oh, and we also like to have a lot of fun.
- Benefits - You’ll receive competitive pay, and health insurance packages that include 100% employer paid HDHP, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage. Supplemental benefits are also available in addition to 401(k) match, commuter benefits, and equity in the company.
- Lifestyle - We embrace work-life balance so we offer PTO and paid sick days. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Evolve offers free access to an onsite fitness center and bicycle storage.
- A Voice - Our innovation framework encourages you to pitch ideas and make real changes at Evolve. Employees are the driving force behind internal process improvements.
- Career Growth - We are committed to creating growth opportunities for every employee at Evolve. Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to developing top talent who have a true earn-it mentality!
- Community - It’s easy to make friends at Evolve, and we work hard to keep our community strong. There are two monthly all-company sessions as well as company-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Transparency - Every month, our co-founders tell us how the company is performing, explain where we’re headed next, and recognize team members for jobs well done.
- Hands-on Education - We learn every day, and we expect you to, too. We can’t wait to hear your ideas for how to improve Evolve, and we’ll gladly help you access the resources and develop the skills and you need to reach your career goals.
Evolve Vacation Rental is an equal opportunity employer.